Hello everyone! I know I’ve been pretty absent lately, but with preparing for finals life is pretty hectic. I have a lot to tell you, but it will all have to wait for another day. I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone that they should go check out the At Mother’s Breast post that came up today. I met Laurel through La Leche League and didn’t even know her story until she guest blogged for the SLC Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival a few months back. Made me cry then, and it makes me cry now. So go check it out and I’ll get back to blogging soon!
A couple months ago I read this post from Heather at It’s All About the Hat and started jumping in my seat when I heard that I could participate in this wonderful project. Katrina from Musings of a Redhead is doing a photography project of mothers and their babes nursing. Katrina is an awesome lady that I didn’t know before I heard about her project, but now that I do, I’m really enjoying reading her blog and looking at her lovely photography. She even gave me advice about my roses! And she even had her breach baby at home just weeks ago! My kind of lady.
We did our photos in the Salt Lake City Public Library which felt very fitting because my crazed obsession for books and the fact that we nurse in that particular library quite frequently. Katrina (with then an adorably big pregnant belly) was so nice and made me feel comfortable in front of the camera. At one point, I accidentally covered Peanut’s head with the book I was “reading” and Katrina said something along the lines of “Dea, can you tell your mommy to move her book? It’s covering your face.” Come on! If someone can correctly that sweetly when I’m being klutzy me I can’t help but like them!
So if you’re in the area, you should definitely contact Katrina about participating. Even if you’re outside of the area and have some professional photos of you nursing, you can send those in too! Until then, you should go check out my pictures.
This one is my favorite. It’s Peanut and I signing “I love you” to each other.
And…here we go!
1. Music blasting with the windows down is my favorite way to drive.
2. More sleep is what I like first thing in the morning.
3. The first thing I said this morning was: “We don’t hit Mommy to wake her up!”.
4. Marinated chicken; it’s what’s for dinner tonight.
5. It’s all been a very stressful summer. Painting, moving, Breastfeeding Cafe, our Canadian in town (yes, we own him), then school starts again! No breaks here!
6. Blogging is what I feel like doing right now, but I shall go pick up Peanut from her Oma and Opa’s instead.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to the fair, tomorrow my plans include driving to Wyoming for chickens and Sunday, I want to finish cleaning the house before our very first guest staying in our new home arrives Monday!
We’ll add some fun linkage too!
Check out my photos at At Mother’s Breast (my post about them will hopefully be up tomorrow).
Look out for the post with LOTS of pictures from the Babywearing Fashion Show (also hopefully up tomorrow).